Heat TransferHow to Videos:
Acceptable file formats include: .psd, .tif, .ai, .eps, .png, .pdf, .jpg, gif.
1. Accepted file formats
For our Spot, Glitter, Foil and Metallic transfers, we ask that you provide a vector file (.ai, .pdf, .eps, .fh11) and convert all fonts to curves or outlines. Raster files (.jpg, .gif, .tif, .bmp) are accepted for these transfers but may require additional art charges.
For our HD and HL transfers, we accept most vector and raster image formats including .tif, .eps, .psd, .gif, .jpg, .fh11, .ai. .pdf. Color matching, masking and cleanup services will require additional art charges.
2. Tips to avoid additional art charges
- Please check the spelling and convert all fonts to curves or outlines before sending your artwork to us. This small step goes a long way to eliminating errors.
- For a clean and consistent print, all line-weights and negative spaces must be at least 1 point (.014") or more for most colors. If using white ink, line-weights and negative spaces must be at least 1.5 points (.021"). When using type in your artwork, avoid using fonts with serifs at a small size.
High Definition Lights & Darks:
- For best results with our HD and HL transfers, the resolution of your file should be 200 – 300ppi (or higher) at 100% of printed size. The better the file we start with, the better the finished product. Please keep in mind that small, low resolution graphics that are enlarged to an adult size transfer will look pixilated and blocky.
- HL (for lights) transfers can have soft fades that blend into the shirt. HD (for darks) transfers must have a hard edged shape to them. See example below.
- For a clean and consistent print, all line-weights must be at least 2 point (.028") or more. When using type in your artwork, avoid using fonts with serifs at a small size.
- For a clean and consistent print, all line-weights must be at least 6 point (.083″) or more. Serif fonts should be avoided unless they’re used at a large size
- Because of differences in equipment, processing, paper, inks, pigments, and other conditions that may arise in the production of our transfers, a reasonable variation in color is considered to be normal and acceptable. Exact duplication of colors of ink and other materials is not guaranteed, but every consistent effort will be made to follow and be accurate within the limits of the process. Exact duplication of design sizes and colors to match previous orders is not guaranteed.
- If you would like us to match your PMS colors, an additional fee will apply for ink mixing.